And you said YES!!!
So now what do you do? There are several wedding checklists out there all across the web and I will highlight a few at the end of this post. However, before you start sending out invitations and picking out colors please take a look at my first things first list:
1. Call your parents and family members as well as close friends. Before you change your Facebook status and post your ring, let these people know from you. Hopefully, they will be the ones to help you get prepared for your big day over the next few months.
2. Go get a manicure. No seriously. Over the next few weeks people will be looking at your left hand constantly, the last thing you want is for them to be giving you the side eye because your nails are a mess. Now I’m not saying you have to do this every week, as that could get rather expensive but at least have a fresh coat of polish.
4. Discuss wedding date or season. You don’t have to necessarily pick a date just yet but get a general idea of when you’d like to get married. Are you going to wait a year so you can save? Have you always wanted a fall wedding?
Where do you want to get married? And I don’t mean the exact venue, but the location. Are you going to get married where you currently live or would you be willing to get married back in your hometown? Take into consideration how you might plan a wedding long distance and the time and money it might cost to go home a few times to check on things. Or do you want a destination wedding?
5. Get inspired! Ok, now comes the fun part. Pick up a few wedding magazines, subscribe to wedding blogs. (Hopefully you’ve subscribed to Chic Brown Bride already.) Join Pinterest as well as attend a few wedding shows. This will help you to create a vision for your day.
6. Lastly, enjoy this time. This is one of the most exciting times in your life. Breath. Live in the moment for a few. You’re going to be pulled in all different kinds of directions so remember to stay true to you and what you and your fiancée want.
Check out these links for your wedding checklist:
Hope this list helps.